AdSense Code

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Injury Update

It's been about 5 or 6 weeks since I injured my finger and I thought I would give a little update.  The whole finger is still pretty tight, but the pain has dwindled down to almost nothing.  Well, almost nothing until I forget that I am injured and try do squeeze something a little hard that I should.  Then, it hurts like a sonofabitch. Which is a good reminder that I shouldn't go out and climb V5's anytime soon.

I actually have practically full range of motion back in my finger and can now make a fist without my middle finger sticking up.  I still cant make a super tight fist yet without some discomfort, but it's getting there.  I am going to get back in the gym this week and work on some easy problems and maybe some more difficult ones as long as the pain doesn't become an issue.

I found a really good article explaining exactly what I did, how to recover, and how to prevent it from happening again.  If you are interested in reading about it, you can find it here. I know a few physical therapists who I have passed the article through to validate that what it says is true and each one said it was spot on.  Now it's just a matter of doing what it says and reaping the benefits.

Next week, I am going to start in on P90X3 so soon I should be posting a bit more and putting some pictures of my progress along the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment