AdSense Code

Thursday, April 10, 2014

P90X3 - Day 4

Day 4!  Today's workout was all push-ups and pull-ups for 30 minutes straight.  It was pretty tough.  I thought I was getting back into pull-up shape by climbing as much I have been lately, but I was clearly wrong.  Gone are the days that I could do these exercises for what seemed like forever.  Now I am forced to suffer through them like everyone else.  I thought my arms were going to fall off by the end of the workout.  But I loved it.  Getting better at pull-ups and push-ups will definitely help my climbing and I am looking forward to that.

The rest of the day went better as well.  I still wasn't super tired at work so that tells me that I am settling into the workouts and my body is getting the rest it needs between them.  Let's hope I can keep up the energy!

I did pretty well eating today and had all of the necessary water... and then some.  It's actually getting a little easier to drink all the water.  Kind of crazy that you are actually supposed to drink that much water.

Today is Thursday and that means I am supposed to get together with some friends and head to the climbing gym.  I wasn't going to be able to go today because of some schedule issues, but it ended up working out that I could so it was my first two-a-day in about 25 years.  It actually went better than expected though.  I wasn't as tired as I expected, but I did tire out a bit earlier than normal.

My finger held up pretty well also.  There was relatively little pain even though I was climbing pretty hard.  I am hoping that I can sleep well enough tonight that tomorrow's workout isn't too awful being overly sore from the two workouts.

I am liking this working out thing.  I always do, but it always takes some effort to get my fat ass off the sofa at first.  Hopefully this time I can get in the habit of doing the right things and staying in shape so it's a lot longer before my fat ass sits on the sofa again.

No comments:

Post a Comment