AdSense Code

Sunday, April 6, 2014

P90X3 - I'm starting tomorrow

In preparation for my working out I've taken my measurements (and embarrassing pictures) so I can see the transformation that the program promises.  My wife and I both are doing this workout and are expecting to see some pretty good results.  

Here are my beginning measurements and my goals:

Measurement Day 0 Day 30 Day 90 Goal
Body Fat % 24.4% Between 15 - 20%
Weight  175 lbs Between 160 - 165 lbs
Chest 39.5"
Waist 36.5"
Hips 39"
Right Thigh 20"
Left Thigh 19.5
Right Arm 13.5"
Left Arm 13.25"

I don't actually want to get super big (although an inch or two in my arms and legs wouldn't be a bad thing) so I don't really have any goals there.  I need to remain lean and flexible for climbing so the idea here is to build strength without too much bulk.  

My wife and I did most of P90X together before we got pregnant and I saw some really good results from it then, so I am expecting similar results now.  The last 3 years of having a kid and being super busy at work haven't been so kind to me as you can see by the pictures below.













Just looking at these pictures I notice that: A) I need a tan desperately. B) I can tell that my posture sucks and my left side is higher than my right and C) I have no chest.  Kind of crazy that these pictures alone are pretty motivating to make a few changes in my life.  Let's see if P90X3 is one of those changes and let's see if it helps or hurts my climbing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment