AdSense Code

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

P90X3 - Day 2

This morning was rough.  I barely got out of bed this morning and did it with a headache and a bad attitude.  Mornings and I clearly don't get along.  But like I said in my last post, it's the best time for me to fit it in.  Doing it with my wife is motivating too. Although she's kicking my ass during these workouts so I'm not sure how motivating that will be in the long run if I can't progress as quick as I would like.  Love you, babe!

The workout was good, but was a bit faster than what I wanted to move so I didn't quite keep up with a lot of the exercises.  Definitely need to work on my attitude there. But at least I did it.  Part of what I need here is to start a habit of doing something daily.  If it's climbing, running, a P90X workout, or something else, I need to do something.  We all have to start somewhere and for me, this is it.

I forgot my water bottle in the fridge at home so I had to estimate my water intake a little bit.  Not a huge deal, just requires a little more thought than normal.  I still made my goal though.

For breakfast I had my shakeology meal, my first snack was a small orange, and for lunch was two sushi rolls.  That may have been a little too much food, but we'll see how it affects me overall.  After lunch I was a bit tired and full, but overall I felt okay.  Just still REALLY tired from all the life changes.

Dinner was good.  A small piece of chicken and a decent amount of broccoli to go along with it. I tried the broccoli with a small amount of spicy mustard and it was actually pretty good.  No dessert (or even a craving for one.) just another glass of water.

I can feel my body tightening up from the increased activity level and as I've said countless times.... I'm exhausted.  I tried to go to bed a bit earlier than normal but last night was unusually warm and it took me a while to get comfortable.  But once I was asleep, I didn't wake again until this morning in time to get up and tackle yoga.  More on how that went later.

Overall yesterday was a good day.  Based on how I am feeling today, I think I am starting to settle into the new routine and the mindset change that this will take.  It feels good to be sore again and doing something that I enjoy at the same time.  I am excited to see how these changes effect my daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment