AdSense Code

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

P90X3 - Day 1

I am not a morning person.  But given my schedule right now, mornings are the best time for me to work out, so I jumped outta bed at 6 and did my workout.  I didn't think the exercises were all that difficult (meaning I could do most of them once I got the hang of it) but wow, my body is tired.  It took a lot out of me in that 30 min and I already feel it.  My legs, which have never been very strong, feel weak and my core is already tight.  All the push-ups and pull-ups have my arms a little sore, but at the end of the day... I love it.

Being sore is a side-effect of working out that I have always loved.  Not always in the moment of course, but the reason I am sore is because it's working.  I'm working.  Hard.  It's still the first week and I am getting used to the various exercises so I may not be working as hard as I can, but I'm out there and that's what matters.  40 is around the corner and I don't want to be that guy who constantly reminisces about "when he was in shape and could do anything".  I want to be the guy who still can do most anything he wants.

Last year I ran the Ragnar Relay and I would love to do it again next year (as long as it doesn't fall on my daughters birthday like it did this year.) To do that, though, I need to be in shape, which I am not right now.  That means, for now, getting up at the crack of dawn and suffering through the day until it becomes my new normal and it no longer becomes suffering.

I also need to eat better.  This P90X3 program requires me to eat more fruits and vegetables, which I am not very good about doing.  Day 1 I did okay.  I had the shakeology drink for breakfast, half a turkey sandwich and half a chicken cobb salad for lunch, but had two giant meatballs covered in ricotta cheese (delicious!) for dinner, so I didn't end the day so well there.  But I did have my 85 ounces of water throughout the day, so that was a plus.  Definitely need to focus more on eating right throughout the whole day though.

No comments:

Post a Comment