AdSense Code

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

P90X3 - Day 8

Six A.M. came around and I was awake and ready for a workout and I rocked it big time.  Lots of squats and a few pull-ups.  By the end of the 30 minutes I was dripping sweat and feeling pretty good.  My wife even commented that I went hard so I know I was kicking it up a bit from the previous week.

The one thing I need to watch out for is the pull-ups.  The bar is a bit thinner than most climbing holds I am used to.  All the pulling I do in climbing is assisted by my fingers so standard pull-ups are a bit challenging for me.  The standard bar presses on my finger right where the pain point is so I need to keep an eye out for pulling too hard and in the wrong spot so I don't injure my finger differently while it's already weak.

I ate well throughout the day and fought off cravings of ice cream for dessert after dinner.  I had all the water I needed to have and felt really good about this change I am making in my life. It was a good day overall.

At bible study in the evening some dear friends of ours that have been struggling with conceiving announced that they are officially pregnant!  It was so awesome to see the joy in their faces as we celebrated God's miracle.  I can't wait to go on this journey with them and meet the little one when he or she or they arrive.  It's still early in the pregnancy so they aren't totally out of the woods yet, but it's exciting to see what God can do in someone's life.

In celebration of the pregnancy they handed out sticky buns! (They have a bun stuck in the oven... get it?) So I couldn't turn that down.  I've got some work to do to work that off for sure. But it took my craving away and I think it'll last a while before the cravings come back because of it.

I'm looking forward to day 9 and beyond!

No comments:

Post a Comment